What’s New On YouTube
As YouTube continues their rollout of YouTube Studio, users who have made the switch may not have noticed a major c
In this image, YouTube is giving the user a hint on how to become more discoverable by “Increasing your Click-Through Rate and your video Watch Time.”
- Click-Through Rate here is directly referencing the rate at which a viewer is shown your video and how often they click to view the video.
- Watch Time is the length of the view that the click generates from the viewer.
Why This Matters For Your Content
This brings two critical components to the forefront of determining if YouTube will then show your video to more users.
- First, your Thumbnail and Title have to both grab the user’s attention AND accurately reflect the video content to follow. If you want to be more discoverable, viewers must click on your video more frequently than they click on other similar videos.
We have a free tool that allows you to compare your Thumbnail palette with the highest performing channels in your Topic. It shows you what you are up against for the click. To use the Thumbnail Explorer tool click on the image below.
2. Then, once they are watching, your content must immediately pay off the Thumbnail and Title, so the viewer knows he/she was not duped.
3. Then you must continue to provide value all the way through while being careful not to use exit words in the middle of your video. This will generate that precious Watch Time that qualifies you to be a more recommended video.
We have a free tool that plots your videos and identifies opportunities for improvement according to where your videos fall on the chart. To see where your videos fall and how to improve them, click on the image below.
To explore VideoAmigo’s free Creator Tools Suite, click here
To see videos on how to use our free tools, subscribe to our YouTube Channel here
To never miss a YouTube Platform Update, subscribe to our blog by clicking the subscribe link on this page